[OSM-dev] modtile and apache alias

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:46:12 GMT 2012

yvecai wrote

> I have trouble to access modtile behind an apache alias.
> I have tiles here:
>      http://192.168.1.3/14/8468/5802.png        OK     (==
> /var/www/14/8468/5802.png)
> But if I do:
>      ServerName dev-yves.dyndns.org
>      alias /tiles /var/www
>
>      http://dev-yves.dyndns.org/tiles/                 OK     (==
> /var/www/)
> but
>      http://dev-yves.dyndns.org/tiles/14/8468/5802.png     404 (==
> /var/www/14/8468/5802.png)
>
> Unfortunately, I'm running out of hosts at dyndns for my home server, so
> I cannot make a new VirtualHost.

I don't know for sure, but I think mod_tile doesn't interact well with other
apache modules, as it uses the raw URI information. So I suspect it won't
work with apache aliases. However, you can configure the URL under which
mod_tile responds directly.

You can either define it in renderd.conf "URI" parameter, or if you don't
use renderd, you can specify it directly in the mod_tile configuration:
"AddTileConfig /osm123/ default". The latter should then respond under
http://192.168.1.3/osm123/14/8468/5802.png and will look in the tile
directory under default and also connect to renderd/tirex with the style
name default.

Does that solve your problem?

Kai