[OSM-dev] OSMCoastline

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed Mar 7 16:50:36 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 04:33:28PM +0100, Peter Körner wrote:
> Am 07.03.2012 15:57, schrieb Jochen Topf:
> >Hi!
> >
> >I have been working on writing a substitution for the aging coastcheck program.
> >It is not finished yet, but maybe somebody wants to play around with it.
> Whoo would have needed that just 2 Weeks ago.
>
> What do you think about adding osmium as submodule, like I did it
> with the history splitter/importer
> (https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-splitter/).
>
> The benefit is, that with git submodule init && git submodule update
> you'll get the last version of osmium the coastcheck was tested
> with. After that, osmium is in the right location and there's no
> need to edit the Makefile.
>
> See my renderer-Tutorial for how it works:
> https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md
>
> The drawback is, that when a general update to osmium happens, you
> have to update the reference in the coastcheck repo.

You should either install Osmium (make install or via dpkg) so that it is in
the default path. Or you can set the env variable CPATH (or CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH)
to where/your/osmium/include is and it will get picked up directly by gcc.
This works also with the clang compiler in version 2.9. Version 2.8 documents
this but doesn't do it for me.

Jochen