[OSM-dev] OSMCoastline

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Mar 7 15:33:28 GMT 2012

Am 07.03.2012 15:57, schrieb Jochen Topf:
> Hi!
>
> I have been working on writing a substitution for the aging coastcheck program.
> It is not finished yet, but maybe somebody wants to play around with it.
Whoo would have needed that just 2 Weeks ago.

What do you think about adding osmium as submodule, like I did it with
the history splitter/importer
(https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-splitter/).

The benefit is, that with git submodule init && git submodule update
you'll get the last version of osmium the coastcheck was tested with.
After that, osmium is in the right location and there's no need to edit
the Makefile.

See my renderer-Tutorial for how it works:
https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md

The drawback is, that when a general update to osmium happens, you have
to update the reference in the coastcheck repo.

Thank you very much!
Peter