[OSM-dev] How to apply OSM "Official" Application for Android GSOC project

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:49:31 GMT 2012

Hi! I'm glad you're interested in applying for GSoC. I recommend you get
yourself acquainted with OpenStreetMap before getting too worried about
writing an Android app for it. I encourage you open up an existing OSM
editor and make some changes in your local area. Download some OSM data to
explore what it looks like and use the dev server API to make some test
changes.

As one of the people evaluating the GSoC proposals this year, it will be
important to show that you have some existing experience with the OSM API
and OSM data if you want to do something as complicated as an editor this
Summer.

-Ian