[OSM-dev] Free OSM tag queries, WMS and WFS

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:16:41 GMT 2012

Nice idea!

I realized following online webapps to directly visualize spatial
queries against Swiss OpenStreetMap data:
* XAPI (I call it "XAPI-to-Map"): See examples at
http://www.gis.hsr.ch/wiki/PostGIS_Terminal#XAPI-to-Map and try
PostGIS Terminal, e.g. http://bit.ly/A8duyB
* Spatial SQL: See examples at
http://www.gis.hsr.ch/wiki/PostGIS_Terminal#Examples and enter SQL
query in PostGIS Terminal
* OGC Filter Encoding: Try the examples at OpenPOIMap (Switzerland) at
http://www.openpoimap.ch (prototype)

PostGIS Terminal only requires osm2pgsql, PostGIS (with hstore
extension of course :->) and some small PHP/Python code.

The problem of the sql parameter you gave (like "&sql=(tags@>
'highway=>primary')" ), is, that it is not URL encoded and the weblink
gets broken (like the other ones in this thread). Those weblinks can't
be easily embeded in mails and webpages - unless you shorten it with
e.g. http://bit.ly/A8duyB .

That's because characters like @, and "=" are reserved. Such URL
parameter values should be percent encoded (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_encoding ), which looks
like this: http://labs.geometa.info/postgisterminal/?xapi=*%5Btourism=viewpoint%5D&zoom=11&lat=47.260&lon=8.775

-Stefan