[OSM-dev] Automatic modifications to OSM data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Mar 12 21:40:22 GMT 2012

Chris,

On 03/12/2012 10:14 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
> My first reaction is that airspace does not belong in OSM. Airspace is
> 3D, with height AGL being important. That overlays what ever is on the
> ground and will cause confusion. I would store those data separately and
> combine them with OSM data only when rendered. Other aeronautical stuff
> that is actually on the ground, for example VOR beacons, and certainly
> airfields will fit into OSM nicely.

I think Morten knows that; he seems to have set up a completely separate
instance of the rails port for his particular purpose!

> The idea of updating an import with another, later import is mentioned
> from time to time and never, in my experience, fulfilled.

I remember one case where someone demonstrated successfully doing this
but only for nodes. It was, I believe, Bryce Nesbitt who had written
something in Python that would update OSM data but only where that was
not changed or so. It was for car sharing locations.

Bye
Frederik