[OSM-dev] How extract the comments of each changeset?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:26:57 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Maurizio Napolitano <napoogle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to identify the data imported into OpenStreetMap in a region.
> In particular, activities related to the tracing of aerial photos.
> This information is often contained in the changeset comments.
> How can I rebuild this information?
> I think it is very difficult

You can use the weekly changeset dump from
http://planet.openstreetmap.org - it contains all the metadata for all
changesets including the bounding box that they affected, number of
objects and all tags including comments.

I wrote a python script to parse it into a postgres database so that
it can be queried:
https://github.com/ToeBee/ChangesetMD

Toby