[OSM-dev] [Maps-l] Announcement: WIWOSM project

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:33:05 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Tim Alder
<tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> next week I want to publish the next big step for the cooperation between
> OSM and Wikipedia:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WIWOSM
>
> This project will add an vectorlayer to the OSM-map in Wikipedia. The
> content comes from OSM for objects with key=Wikipedia.

This is fantastic!

It would certainly provide a better slippy map view for Wikipedia
articles than the current single-point geocoding system that Wikipedia
uses.

I assume that this would replace the existing OpenLayers maps (with
OSM as a basemap) found for example in the German Wikipedia?