[OSM-dev] [Maps-l] Announcement: WIWOSM project

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Mar 14 23:28:20 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Tim Alder
<tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> next week I want to publish the next big step for the cooperation between
> OSM and Wikipedia:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WIWOSM

Fantastic! Looks great so far, and I think this is the best
implementation I've seen so far. I would like to see this used in
place of Template:Attached KML, except when dealing with historic
objects and the like. I put some quality assurance ideas on the talk
page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:WIWOSM

Maybe we could get a Greasemonkey script to enable this for any Wikipedia site?

Also, is there a way to grab all coordinates for a category? I'd like
to try my WIP conflation plugin for JOSM to help speedup the process
of adding wikipedia tags.

-Josh