[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:06:36 GMT 2012

Hi Philipp,
You are quite right - one of our shortcomings over the last couple of years
has been in communication with the wider osm community and we should
improve that this year.

What we have had over the last couple of years is a private mailing list
for mentors to discuss the proposals to make the choice of which to select,
and one for the mentors and students to discuss their projects.   It was
always my intention to report back to the wider community on how things are
going, but that never really happened.

I will try to make sure that happens this year, but please ask again if you
do not see this happening - 'pressure' from the wider community to know how
things are going will help to encourage everyone involved.

Regards

Graham.

from my phone