[OSM-dev] GSoC - Improvements to Vespucci

Sat Mar 24 20:07:50 GMT 2012

Am 2012-03-24 19:26, schrieb Andrew Gregory:
> As someone who uses Vespucci, and has contributed to it in the past, I
> would welcome *any* contributions. I think the important thing for GSoC
> is for any work to be relatively small in scope. Vespucci is a bit messy
> on the inside and may take some time to figure out. :(

I have worked with the Azureus source code before. I don't know how
messy Vespucci is, but it sure is smaller ;-)

After losing a GPS track to what it seems locking and rotating the
device, I think that robust local (auto)save support would be really
nice to have. Probably, an "undo" function would go well with this.

I am really bad at estimating how much effort a task takes, but I could
imagine doing one or more of the following as a GSoC project:

 - Local (auto)save function
 - Undo function
 - Offline background map support (using the mapsforge lib)
 - Simple PoI menu (as described in the first mail)
 - Layer/custom API support (as described in the first mail)

I would appreciate help with deciding what combination of these would be
a good scope for GSoC, and of course, most useful for OSM.

Kind regards,
Jan