[OSM-dev] GSoC - Improvements to Vespucci
grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 20:53:16 GMT 2012
My personal order of preference for the features you suggest would be:
1. Simple Long Click POI Menu - this would be a big step forward for
usability - I think the application has most of the fundamental features
that I would use, but it takes too many clicks to do things. It would be
good to write the code so that the contents of the menu can be customised
for other uses (ie very specialised simple editors etc.).
2. Auto Save Function - I think I have lost things before, but don't
3. Undo function - Always good in case you make a mistake.
4. Custom API support - this sounds potentially useful, but not
something I have a need for at the moment.
5. Offline Background Map - I am not really interested in this because I
try to use vespucci when I am out and can look at the real world, so don't
need a background map for reference.
In terms of estimating how much effort is required, it really depends on
how quickly you manage to get up to speed with the existing code. This
means that the first thing you work on will take most of the time, and the
others are likely to be (comparatively) straightforward.
I would recommend writing your application proposal as a 'base project'
with maybe a couple of the features you are thinking of, which you can be
confident in achieving, and identify the others as potential extensions if
it goes smoothly.
Hope that helps.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dev