[OSM-dev] StyleSheet Generator for OSM [GSoC'12]

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 06:16:33 BST 2012

Sorry parveen
I have confused you.   The thing that is probably too simple for a gsoc
project is my last point about converting the style file to use entities.
The idea of a graphical style editor is fine.

Graham

from my phone

On 28 Mar 2012 06:13, "Parveen Arora" <mail at parveenarora.in> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am not sure whe...
As I thought, to take values from the user of their choice and then to
move all that values to a database.
and then we can generate any type of file from that.
As I have looked into the style file of osm.xml, it looks like a easy
pattern followed in it.

>  Kompza also mentioned a tool to convert
> between style types, which would be worth looking at....
Yeah I have checked it, A similar idea.

> I think it is a bit simple for what you have in mind, but XML allows you
> define entities (~...
Got it, Thanks.

> There is not a lot of 'code' in this idea though, so it may not be a good
> GSoC project on its o...
okay, So I think I should look at some other idea from Ideas list as
the time is very less to submit early proposal.

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in