[OSM-dev] StyleSheet Generator for OSM [GSoC'12]

Sajjad Anwar sajjadkm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:34:43 BST 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Parveen Arora <mail at parveenarora.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to apply for OSM GSoC.
> I am having idea of "StyleSheet Generator for OSM", i.e. users can
> create style-sheets of their own choice based upon their own
> preferences and requirements and those stylesheets can be used using
> any renderer.

> Using this maps for Map for visually handicapped can be created
> easily, the one who can't read small fonts or are having color
> blindness, so that maps suitable for them can be easily available.
> This can have many more benefits like any one who wants to show
> particular roads or points on the map can generate the style-sheets
> for that.

If the stylesheet generator have a proper use case like the above, I would
totally vote for it. I wouldn't want to see another stylesheet converter
though.

Also, if you can provide presets for stylesheets and help people to tweak
that in a proper GUI, that would be interesting. But I guess tilemill does
that job right now pretty well.

One more thing is that there is lot of work already has been done to

Sajjad Anwar | W: http://sajjad.in | T: @geohacker