[OSM-dev] OSM Wishlist

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Fri Oct 12 22:14:51 BST 2012

On 12.10.2012 01:58, Tom MacWright wrote:
> What do you want to see happen with OSM's software this year? What are
> the tasks which everyone agrees on, but nobody has had the time to tackle?
reading some of the answers it also seems that appropriate server
hardware is an issue for many of the smaller projects.

We have developers with great ideas but often the hardware is not
powerful enough to provide their services world-wide.

If the funding limited to software development? Or could it also be used
to provide a technical infrastructure for the various projects that are
already around?

Bringing a prototype project to a server also has different problems.
Clear technical documentation can help to deploy a service better or use
the existing tools more efficient.

Writing good technical documentation is a rare skill, having support in
this area can help boosting our existing developer activities and bring
up new great projects.

Stephan