[OSM-dev] A new style

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Oct 12 23:17:03 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Michal Migurski <mike at teczno.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
[ ... ]
> My wishlist:
>
> * Create a new map style intended to be the default face of OSM, but leave the current OSM.org Mapnik style as-is. It works beautifully as an editor's basemap due to the dense inclusion of all data. Keep it, but add a new one that's for non-editors to look at.

Sure!  I like that several styles are available from osm.org.  A
method to propose that a new style be included on osm.org and some
proposed styles are listed on the following wiki pages.  More guest
styles would be welcome.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Strategic_working_group/New_Tile_Layer_Guidelines
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Featured_tiles