[OSM-dev] Hello World

Ab_fab gamma.gts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:54:51 BST 2012

Hi,

I'd be very happy to have a new map style free (or almost free) of POIs, in
order to leave the selection of categories to the user.

It is currently done by 3Liz company, thanks to their LizPoi demo
http://lizpoi.3liz.com/demo/index.php/lizpoi/map/?tree_id=1
(by the way, POIs are clickable)
This is one of my favorite way to show how rich and diversified the
database information can be

Works best so far with Mapquest tiles as background

2012/10/12 Michal Migurski <mike at teczno.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> My wishlist:
>
> * Create a new map style intended to be the default face of OSM, but leave
> the current OSM.org Mapnik style as-is. It works beautifully as an editor's
> basemap due to the dense inclusion of all data. Keep it, but add a new one
> that's for non-editors to look at.
>

> -mike.

ab_fab <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ab_fab>
"Il n'y a pas de pas perdus"