[OSM-dev] Fwd: Osmosis - Cutting out a bounding box from a diff file (.osc)

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Wed Sep 5 09:22:17 BST 2012

Thanks Jais

I actually thought of such a solution as well, but it's not ideal, as you
need to have the full data both in the PostGIS database and as an osm xml
file.

If there was a way to apply the bounding box directly to the osc (or to get
osm2pgsql to actually use the bounding box when applying the diff file),
that would be much more efficient!

Cheers,

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info