[OSM-dev] Fwd: Osmosis - Cutting out a bounding box from a diff file (.osc)

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Wed Sep 5 13:02:43 BST 2012

Hi again

so I see that the tables nodes, ways and rels are temporary tables
resulting from the --slim option (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql/schema#Intermediate_tables)

Does this mean that I can simply empty them regularly? It looks to me like
Mapnik won't need them at all, but I might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

cheers,

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info