[OSM-dev] coastline shapefiles unprojected

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Sep 10 14:33:40 BST 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 08:26:08AM +0000, Yuan Bo wrote:
> I've an issue here. I'd like to have complete polygons of coastlines (not split)
> using WGS84 projection (lat-long), like the one from
> http://openstreetmapdata.com/info/formats#shapefile (it has issue of missing some
> large island around Singapore). Migurski's unprojected coastline extracts are
> divided and not updated since July 1, but I can read.

If there is data missing in openstreetmapdata.com, it means the data is missing
or broken in OSM.

Unfortunately openstreetmapdata.com data is currently out of date, but it will
be updated again once we have ODbL planets which should be "real soon now". You
can then look at the data and possibly fix errors in OSM data yourself (or
wait for other people to do it.)

Jochen