[OSM-dev] ODbL coastcheck coastlines

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Sep 16 02:42:46 BST 2012

New coastlines generated from the ODbL planet are available at
http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/coastlines/

As these were not generated on my normal machine shapeindex was not run on
the files so if you are using them for mapnik you will want to do so but
that step is quick and easy.

These coastlines are generated using the same algorithms[1] as the
coastlines on tile.openstreetmap.org

The http://www.wightpaths.co.uk/coast/ layer has not yet been updated but
when it is it should show the error points.

I have not generated a simplified coastline (shoreline_300).

Once my server has finished building indexes for my pgsnapshot database I
will resume regular coastline file generation.

[1]: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/coastcheck/doit