[OSM-dev] Switch osm2pgsql to 64 bit mode

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Sun Sep 16 21:17:34 BST 2012

Hello Kai,

> I have updated the package for 10.04 as well now. It will take another
> couple of hours though to propagate through the system.

Thank you! Did you update just your repository (ppa:kakrueger/openstreetmap) or is the new version now available via Ubuntu standard packet sources? I'm a bit confused now because of this edit in OSM Wiki:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Osm2pgsql&action=historysubmit&diff=809338&oldid=808884

Today I've downloaded Version 0.81 via ppa:kakrueger/openstreetmap and hope this is still the right way - despite of the Wiki edit.

> However, as Sven said, it is pretty simple to build osm2pgsql from
> source in case you need.

Yes, that's what I did last time - about 3 years ago. Obviously got more and more lazy over the years. :-)

Anyway - Thank you for this fine piece of software!

Markus