[OSM-dev] A OSM error correction model. Comments, suggestions?

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Tue Sep 25 12:53:11 BST 2012

One thing that could really help is to collect/gather all errors
reported or detected in a single database with some read/write/search
API.

Instead of having to check half dozen of sites/tools like
OSMinspector, KeepRight, Osmose and other more dedicated error
detection scrips available is many places, such a centralized DB could
help local contributors to check/fix errors in their area.

I proposed something like that during an unconferenced talk I had in
last SOTM in Tokyo.

In France, we created Osmose with that centralized DB approach. It
works with a frontend to visualize errors on a map, but also providing
lists by area/users, as well as graphs. The backend are in fact
multiple backends which provide error/improvement lists thru XML files
to the frontend DB.

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/ (not worldwide coverage)

Who would like to join such a global project ?