[OSM-dev] API threw unexpected NoMethodError exception

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Apr 6 12:48:35 UTC 2013

On 6 Apr 2013, at 11:35, Martin Schafran <martin at ampelmeter.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 06 April 2013 11:28:28 Tom Hughes wrote:
>> Well you almost certainly don't want to use an API database to start
>> with. You want to use a database whose schema is optimised for routing
>> rather than for editing.
>
> I want to (let) edit my data with josm and have all changes tracked.
> The optimized schema would be the "simple schema".

By making the afore mentioned change, you end up with data where the relation members may not exist. This is likely to be fine for what you are doing assuming that you handle that in your routing system. You probably have to deal with that anyway if you are using extracts in the routing anyway.

Are you sure you wouldn't be better making the edits directly in OSM instead of just locally?

Shaun