[OSM-dev] API threw unexpected NoMethodError exception

Martin Schafran martin at ampelmeter.com
Sat Apr 6 14:16:20 UTC 2013

On Saturday 06 April 2013 13:48:35 Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Are you sure you wouldn't be better making the edits directly in OSM instead
> of just locally?

I would like to, but I couldn't convince the (german) community to have
features like "green light optimal speed adivsory" (glosa) and "red light
duration advisory" (rlda). May be there are good reasons, so I don't complain.
link to forum:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=20041

link how glosa works:
www.ampelmeter.com

this features require to have a clean junction and traffic signals model and
additional tags.
one junction = one relation, this is already proposed since many years and
nothing happens.
driving directions as relations from->via->to

I don't see other options than:
fork osm
or
implement my and other peoples proposals.

I think osm is fixated to have a good-looking maps but is overloaded for
routing and my application, e.g. some bigger junctions have a lot of nodes and
ways. I planned to simplify roads and junctions.

What would you do?

martin