[OSM-dev] API threw unexpected NoMethodError exception

Martin Schafran martin at ampelmeter.com
Sun Apr 7 14:20:38 UTC 2013

On Sunday 07 April 2013 15:41:14 Peter K wrote:
> All the examples I mean are properly defined (Ie. only if you really
> cross the junction you'll pass a traffic signal, turning right is mapped
> as a separate lane without traffic light).
>
> So give us the concrete example you mean.

first abbreviations:
glosa = "green light optimal speed adivsory"

rlda = "red light duration advisory"

the wiki says
"there is no well established convention"
how to map traffic signals.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dtraffic_signals#How_to_map

take this example:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Traffic_signals_alternative_mapping.png

tell me an algo that solves this question:
after passing the first signal, when the car left the junction and where to?

you could solve this for this particular junction, but not generally for all
junctions because of no well established convention.
having junction tags, you could ask. am I at a junction node? if yes, wait to
next tick and ask again.

a junction relation could also allow you to map traffic signals in all
alternative ways, e.g. at crossing points or at junction entry and exit
points.

martin