[OSM-dev] API threw unexpected NoMethodError exception

Martin Schafran martin at ampelmeter.com
Sun Apr 7 15:58:32 UTC 2013

On Sunday 07 April 2013 17:12:16 Peter K wrote:

Still don't get it. Why would this junction be a problem for you? The traffic
light is mapped only once on the road: For every combinations of directions
you'll get only one traffic signal. See
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?bbox=3.09915%2C50.95096%2C3.10087%2C50.95144
But probably this all is a big misunderstanding on my side ...

going on the Diksmuidsesteenweg (our example) from west to east.

if you just passed the first traffic signals, have you also passed the junction
and where to?
answer: not passed and don't know where to, i'm just some where in the middle
of the crossing.

next example

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Mapnik_traffic_signals.png

passing a simple junction like this from west to east.
if you just passed the first traffic signals, have you also passed the junction?
answer: yes and the direction is just the node behind the junction.

same algo and different answers -> bad solution.

first example again having junction tags.
answer:
not passed BECAUSE next (closest) node has a junction tag
or
passed BECAUSE next node hasn't a junction tag
and where to: the first node without junction tag.

martin