[OSM-dev] API threw unexpected NoMethodError exception

Peter K peathal at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 7 15:12:16 UTC 2013

Hi Martin(s),

>> All the examples I mean are properly defined (Ie. only if you really
>> cross the junction you'll pass a traffic signal, turning right is mapped
>> as a separate lane without traffic light).
>>
>> So give us the concrete example you mean.
>

> but of course there are also situations without a separate lane for
> turning right, e.g. here going from Alberstraße to Stuttgarter
> Str.: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.528626&lon=9.077531&zoom=18&layers=M

Of course, there are such situations without separate lanes :)
I meant an example of where he has problems with. This particular
junction won't be a problem for him IMO

> the wiki says

> "there is no well established convention"

> how to map traffic signals.

Ok, this is an argument but still I would like to see a concrete example
which is problematic for you.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dtraffic_signals#How_to_map

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Traffic_signals_alternative_mapping.png

> tell me an algo that solves this question:

Still don't get it. Why would this junction be a problem for you?
The traffic light is mapped only once on the road: For every
combinations of directions you'll get only one traffic signal. See
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?bbox=3.09915%2C50.95096%2C3.10087%2C50.95144

But probably this all is a big misunderstanding on my side ...

Peter.

--
GraphHopper.com Your way is our destination!