[OSM-dev] Coastline, lakes, rivers

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Apr 16 14:01:02 UTC 2013

On 16.04.2013 11:53, Pieren wrote:
> I'm not sure that the "New tagging" of riverbanks has been really
> adopted, excepted by the 16 who approved it on the wiki

Just for clarity: A redefinition of riverbanks has *not* been approved
by wiki vote.

What has been approved is using water=river on those areas, which can
coexist with or even eventually replace riverbanks. However, that
proposal did *not* mention a change in the meaning of
waterway=riverbank - that aspect is just being pushed through edits on
the wiki by a few people who have more patience than those who try to
keep documentation aligned with the status quo.

Tobias