[OSM-dev] The new link on the OSM map

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Thu Aug 8 14:39:31 UTC 2013

> It is not just about JOSM, the change breaks *every application, web
service or browser plugin* that creates a reference to the osm main page or
that could parse an OSM url.

Links to the homepage are backwards-compatible. We've set up redirects.

> No. If you just go ahead with changes that break things, you should anticipate
damage reports.

Bug reports are fine, and expected.

I'm not asking for silence: I'm asking for less editorializing, hyperbole,
and negativity.