[OSM-dev] Accessing postgis on the dev server

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 13:05:12 UTC 2013

>I can give you access to postgres, and you will then be able to create
>databases for yourself (though if you need postgis in them you'll have
>to ask me to add that).

>Obviously if you use too much resource then we may ask you to cut back.

>Keep in mind though that the dev server is intended for experimentation
>and development, not for running production services.

Sorry - I just got the impression from Paul's email that there was an existing database on there which was kept up-to-date.

If you could give me access to the database (postgres/postgis) that's great, but bearing in mind my aim is to provide a tile server of vector data for the whole of the UK at least, for use by my own and perhaps other people's open source/non commercial projects, then maybe it's not a suitable use for the dev server.

Thanks,
Nick

-