[OSM-dev] Osmosis error - node not present in table "current_nodes" - no bbox

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Fri Jan 4 22:57:47 GMT 2013

Ok... still trying to solve this one. My primary machine is visiting the
"Genius" Saloon, so I'm a little dead in the water right now.

Couple of quick updates:
- The two.pbf file from above failed its import, as well... : /
  -- The diff.osc of the two files yielded about 8300 objects, ~8000
relations (lots of rivers) and ~300 ways
  -- The same node (25918312) broke the import of two.pbf, as well as
one.pbf, so it doesn't seem to have been disciplined appropriately. Bad
node, bad node.

- Comparing the output of my steps with osmfilter & convert, following
Markus's suggestions (thank you!) yielded the following:
  -- All steps, but without --drop-broken-refs = ~2GB
  -- All steps, without --drop-broken-refs = ~1.5GB
  -- Yikes! It seems that having ~25% broken refs means I'm doing something
horribly wrong to the data.

I'll keep hammering away to see what I can find out.

Thanks again for your help & patience!

Regards,
Jeff

--