[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] uMap Project: OSM everywhere

Yohan Boniface yohanboniface at free.fr
Sun Jan 6 20:59:06 GMT 2013

On 01/06/2013 07:21 PM, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> This looks beautiful. Very easy to use, and that's most important. I'm
> bookmarking it and looking forward for new releases :)

Thanks! :)

> A great feature would be the "draw line along road" like Google has. I'm
> not sure how that could be done without having your own router machine.
> Maybe borrowing OSRM-s routing capacity is possible?

Damn, this one is not an easy one, but you're right, coupling with a
router machine could be really useful.
I flag the idea for future me :) [1]

By the way, the last days, I've added some users suggestions:
- GPX support for batch import
- geolocation control (locate user using HTML5 API)
- "jump to location" control (smart geocoding using Nominatim)

Plus there is now a German translation and part of an italian one :)

Thanks for tests, help and feedback!

Yohan

[1] for reference:
https://github.com/yohanboniface/Leaflet.Storage/issues/23