[OSM-dev] Snapshot Server

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:33:57 GMT 2013

On 8 January 2013 17:59, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> A web based loading screen would be a big plus for me.
> I had a quick look and found a 5mb shapefile. I would imagine 10mb is
> probably the largest I have. Not sure how that converts to .osm filesize.

On Tuesday I coded up an upload form, and it's in the most recent
version. It works at about 30s for a 1Mb file on my laptop, which is
fine for the data that I've been handling but not great for others who
need larger uploads.

I've stuck in a few tickets on github for things that would be good to
do in future - if anyone fancies having a stab at them, be my guest!
There's nothing complex in the snapshot-server code.

https://github.com/gravitystorm/snapshot-server

Cheers,
Andy