[OSM-dev] For Using OpenStreetMp Data in Our Web Application for Flex 3.4

Sat Jan 26 12:52:32 GMT 2013

Am 2013-01-23 07:56, schrieb Hari Dimes:

> 1) Can we Embed openstreetmap in out flex 3.4 web application?

Yes, embedding in any kind of web application is possible. Most
libraries just require adding a JavaScript and making appropriate
changes to the HTML.

> 2) If We Can embed OpenstreetMap in Out Application Than how?

You will need to use a library like Leaflet and a tile server that
allows commercial usage. Alternatively, you can set up your own tile server.

> 3) Do We Need Any License for Using Openstreetmap

You do not need to pay or register for the data, because the OSM data
are available under a free license. You do need, however, to follow the
conditions of the license (the most important being crediting the
source). You will also need to follow the license for the tiles and the
Terms of Use for your tile server.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright/en

> Can we know the features supported by OpenstreetMap?

You seem to be confusing "OpenStreetMap", a project that collects map
*data* with libraries that display said data. OpenStreetMap "just"
provides very detailed map data. The library will then display markers
etc. A library that you could use would be e.g. http://leafletjs.com/

> Adding Markers

This is supported by Leaflet (and nearly any other library).

Note that OpenStreetMap is a community-driven project, not a commercial
product.

Kind regards,
Jan