[OSM-dev] Osmium: may I help with development?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed Jul 24 12:15:18 UTC 2013

Hi Johannes,

thanks for your work. I have just accepted your pull request. One tiny issue:
When running the tests under valgrind I don't see the output of valgrind any
more, so can't check it. Hm, maybe if valgrind isn't happy the Makefile sees
it as a test failure and outputs everything? I haven't check that.

How is the code coverage stuff supposed to be understood? I see lots of
warnings from system include files etc. Not sure how to interpret all that.

Maybe you can check the "clean" targets of the Makefiles in the main and test
directory. They now both do some cleanup of test stuff, but not properly.

There is one line in test/Makefile that seems to make no sense:
PROBLEMS = t/geometry t/tags
Maybe a leftover from some tests.

Thanks again for your help. This is much appreciated.

Jochen

Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298