[OSM-dev] Querying Changeset Tags in OSM API

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Jun 1 04:10:05 UTC 2013

It’s worth noting that the OSM API is for editing the map data, and if someone were to apply this solution to more than a few mappers who hadn’t made any changesets they’d run a chance of getting blocked. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_usage_policy.

I believe the changeset query is one of the more expensive ones.

There aren’t any great solutions yet for small-scale historical analysis.