[OSM-dev] Adding Fonts to Map

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:11:35 UTC 2013

gurpinder chahal wrote
> [...]
> But nothing changed in my map. Do I need to import gurmukhi fonts
> separately or
> I need to do something else?
> Please suggest something.

It probably depends on what program you use to drive the mapnik library. If
you are using renderd, then you need to make sure the font settings are
correct in your renderd.conf

Particularly, you want to make sure that the font_dir line in renderd.conf (
https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/blob/master/renderd.conf#L23 ) is
set correctly to include the path to the fonts you want to use and that
font_dir_recurse is set to true / 1.

Tirex and other wrappers around Mapnik, presumably have similar settings you
need to check if you are using those.

Kai