[OSM-dev] Tile server

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jun 21 04:33:15 UTC 2013

18GB for the planet and my postgresql database is about 260GB after
importing the planet into it.  Add space for rendered tiles, and it's
pretty demanding.

If you've only got a single magnetic spindle for the 500GB, you might
find it hard to keep up with the updates.  I ended up migrating from a 3
spindle magnetic RAID to a pair of SSDs, one for the rendering tables
and the other for the import tables.  I'm looking into which tables to
put on which to try to make both busy instead of just one when rendering.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ