[OSM-dev] adding fonts to OSM

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jun 21 07:45:08 UTC 2013

Am 21.06.2013 07:03, schrieb Gurpinder Chahal:

> Thank You for repliyng.
> Do you mean I need to generate tiles again to change my fonts?
> Because clearing cache files will delete my tiles.
Of course you have to!
Tiles are graphic files, there's no font type inside any more, but a
bunch of pixels usually; so if you change your fonts to get different
looking tiles of course you have to re-render them.
If you do that by deleting all tiles and render everything from scratch,
or by marking all tiles dirty for mod_tile to request re-rendering on
demand, that's another question, but to get your new font's re-rendering
is definitively necessary.

regards
Peter