[OSM-dev] Expiring Tiled OSM Data

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Jun 24 11:30:18 UTC 2013

> I'm looking at the augmented diffs stuff but the documentation [0]
> appears to be stale.

Thank you for pointing me at this. The documentation was totally out-of-date.
I've rewritten it to reflect the current and stable state of affairs.

> Can you describe what the waymember and indirectmember attributes
> are describing in the XML? They're not mentioned on the wiki.

Thre flag "waymember=yes" is added to the action tag of a node if the
node is a member of a way that appears in the diff.

Similarly, the flag "indirectmember=yes" is added to the action tag of
a node if the node is a member of a way that is in turn member of a
relation that appears in the diff.

In both cases: If the node itself has changed somehow, all ways and
relations it belongs to are listed. If the node is unchanged but
present because it is member of a changed way or relation, the respective
way or relation is present.

The only downside are relations that have relation members. These relation
memberships are assumed not to contribute to the geometry and therefore
do not appear if only their members have changed.

Cheers,

Roland