[OSM-dev] [mod_tile] render_list ignoring current tiles with --all parameter

Jurrie Overgoor jurrie at stillus.nl
Mon Mar 4 18:16:09 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct list to post patches for mod_tile..?
If it's not, I'm sorry. Please point me to the correct list :)

I've recently used render_list to prerender tiles, and I noticed that
the --all flag does an implicit --force. This is not documented, and not
intuitive. Besides, there are multiple reasons for using --all without
--force. Maybe someone has this rendering setup on his/her laptop, and
wants to be able to pause/resume the prerendering. Or, during
prerendering there were errors (I stumbled upon an out of memory
exception), and one wants to do the prerendering of the failed tiles again.

I created a .patch for this, and submitted it to Trac:
https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4801 It seems it isn't picked up
(or I need to wait longer). So I thought I post a message about it here.
Maybe a mod_tile developer feels this patch can be applied? :)

With kind regards,

Jurrie