[OSM-dev] mod_tile in other projections?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Mar 24 07:31:32 UTC 2013

I imagine in terms of tiles/second they'd similar. Both use mapnik as a
backend, both use meta-tiles. Where you're likely to run into problems
is tile expiry. The traditional mod_tile/renderd/osm2pgsql setup copes
well with OSM data which is constantly changing. mapproxy's cache system
doesn't have a way to handle data that is outdated except by deleting it.

That being said, I'm not sure if the normal setup handles tile expiry
correctly in other projections.