[OSM-dev] announcing a new mailinglist tile-serving

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:50:14 UTC 2013

On 03/28/2013 10:42 AM, Simone Cortesi wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Jochen Topf <jochen at remote.org> wrote:
>> Nothing simple about running a tile server. :-)
> Thanks Jochen, this is the only thing I got sound clear :)
Installing and running a standard tile server, at least on ubuntu,
really isn't that difficult! You don't need much more than a few lines
of apt-get and osm2pgsql.

Tuneing it well to get the maximum out of your hardware or customising
it to your specific needs or scaling it up to large setups, yes that
does require a bit of work and knowledge, but so does any significant
server deployment.