[OSM-dev] announcing a new mailinglist tile-serving

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Mar 28 18:28:06 UTC 2013

On jeudi 28 mars 2013, Simone Cortesi wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Renderd can do that just fine as well. Currently there is a hard coded
> limit
> > of 10 in the source code of renderd, but that would be easy enough to
> > change.
>
> can you point me at some docs about this? About rendering two different
> tilesets.

No one is willing to move that discussion to the new born tile-serving list ?

Here follow my sample config file for renderd.conf with the first 3 styles
configured in (we move the hard coded limit to 100 and are happily serving 25
different tile sets based on the same osm2pgsql schema database.

The problem, if any, is more at the expiry of tiles depending on your expire
strategy

[renderd]
stats_file=/var/run/renderd/renderd.stats
socketname=/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
num_threads=8

#Merci de garder cette ligne, mais si "ça ne marche pas" pour renderd car je
m'en sers ailleurs pour trouver le chemin des tuiles -- sly
tile_dir=/var/lib/mod_tile/ ; DOES NOT WORK YET

[mapnik]
plugins_dir=/usr/lib/mapnik/input
font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/
font_dir_recurse=true

[noname]
URI=/noname/
XML=/data/project/layers.openstreetmap.fr/mapnik-styles/noname.xml
HOST=layers.openstreetmap.fr

[nooneway]
URI=/nooneway/
XML=/data/project/layers.openstreetmap.fr/mapnik-styles/nooneway.xml
HOST=layers.openstreetmap.fr

[noref]
URI=/noref/
XML=/data/project/layers.openstreetmap.fr/mapnik-styles/noref.xml
HOST=layers.openstreetmap.fr

--
sly, DWG member since 11/2012
Coordinateur du groupe [ga]