[OSM-dev] Notes Branch

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 19:02:22 UTC 2013

I've started playing around the Notes for the first time and used the download to .gpx option.

I notice the waypoint GPX description seems a little convoluted with a load of <div> stuff and formatting things.
It seems this is just a copy from the RSS output.

It would be much more useful if the GPX description was stripped down to a basic bare text format.
Thus when one transfers the waypoints to a GPS device, it might be able to actually show some of the description!
GPS devices don't tend to have web browsers in them to parse the markup format!

It would also be good if the GPX <link> field was set to something, e.g:  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/note/#NoteNumber

Got to dash...

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,