[OSM-dev] Fixing the history tab

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Thu May 2 15:18:57 UTC 2013

At this weekend's Chicago hack weekend Tom and I worked on a prototype that
could be a viable solution for our currently broken history tab. It is
taking a very different approach in comparison to Pawel's history tab [1]
by not showing the entire history up front, but only latest changes to
visible elements. I wrote up the details in a diary entry, would love to
hear peoples thoughts on this. I think from a user story perspective this
would work and it would be much cheaper to implement than a fast historic
changeset browser.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/19185

Alex

[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2013-January/065556.html