[OSM-dev] Ads for front page - Proposed solutions

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Fri May 17 07:53:24 UTC 2013

On 16.05.2013 18:59, Rob Nickerson wrote:

> I have no idea what the CWG vote was on and I can't find the up to
> date minutes to check it.
I would very much appreciate a clear and documented statment from the
CWG and/or the board. I remember "my disapintment" before SOTM-EU at
Vienna that the inclusion into the front page was refused and some times
later SOTM-US was added.

> I also believe that a email distribution list would help.
I don't comply with this: I clearly don't want to be spammed by Emails.
And eg. I read the "Wochennotiz" => I don't rely that much on the other
emails that much.
Furthermore: a banner also addresses persons up to now not part of the
community (= w/o an OSM account!).

So IMHO the banner is fine if there are clear and defined rules
everybody is taking care about. And these rules may not change every few
days.

Best regards,
Michael.