[OSM-dev] Ads for front page - Proposed solutions

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri May 17 16:01:48 UTC 2013

> I also believe that a email distribution list would help.
I don't comply with this: I clearly don't want to be spammed by Emails.

Hi Michael,

That was incredibly selective quoting of my original text and makes me
wonder why I bothered putting my ideas down in writing. As noted any email
list would be "opt-in" only; something I addressed as an issue in the
sentence following the part you have quoted. Furthermore due to the
decreasing popularity (and visibility) of RSS, some OSM users may actually
like a monthly email delivered to them.

I don't want to be overwhelmed by irrelevant banners, and hence I tried to
propose some alternatives. I'm sorry you didn't like them.

Rob