[OSM-dev] About the geographic data in a .osm file

Vince Berubey screams_3 at hotmail.com
Sat May 25 22:50:45 UTC 2013

It is very interesting Peter. I need to try the geofabrik data, but I also did a test with the cloudmade data that gave me a strange result.
1. I imported in (database1) in Postgres data from massachusset.2. I imported in (database2) in Postgres data from connecticut. Connecticut shares a border with massachusset.
I generated tiles from database1, everything ok. After, I generated tiles from database2. The tiles were all generated in the same TilesCache. What happened is for some zoom level the tiles of massachusset disappeared. What I thought is that Connecticut was generating missing tiles for Massachusset.
It looks like there is no way to fix that.